Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 7 -Not a Manic Monday!!!

Wow. I think I just had one of my best Mondays ever. I don't know about you, but I despise Mondays. It seems like the weekends are so short.Today though, I woke up feeling more secure and with a game plan. I looked forward to my new assignment at work. I have been in a rut at work for awhile, doing the same thing with the same people day in and day out. I was looking forward to seeing what new team I would support and what people on my old team I would continue to have. I was pleasantly surprised at my new assignment and am looking forward to the challange.
It was more than the new assignment though. I've been reading this career self help book. I am cringing at having to type self help book right now, but it really has helped get my mind in the right place when it comes to my job. I've always believed that self help books were lame. First of all the whole "self help" label embarrases me because it's so cliche. It implys that you need help which is true otherwise you wouldn't have purchased the book in the first place. But, I swallowed my pride and found that I did need some help in how to control my anger, anxiety or stress at work. I also needed help on how to weave through the never ending web of office backstabing and gossip. The book has taught me how to go to work and put the best foot forward. I went into work rested, polished, confident and focused. I got things done and put on a happy face. What a difference my day went with the few tips I read in the book.
I also began working on my personal goals. I got off of work and immediately went to the gym. I only did cardio for 20 minutes but it was a start in the right direction. Of course I hated it, but just like everything else, I just need to try new things and see what works for me. In the meantime, the treadmill it is. I also got home from work and took Rex for a walk which he enjoyed.
So at the end of the day, I really feel good at what I accomplished. I no longer feel that I lack control in my own life and future. I even had a phone call from a potential date...Life is getting better!! I hope I continue to learn everyday about myself and how to achieve the goals I so deserve to achieve this year. I'm more optimistic than I have been in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment