Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 9 Giddy

What a great 24 hours! Last night, after I had finished my blog an unexpected thing occured. My phone rang and it was the "chemist" from match.com. I've been in relationship after relationship for most of my adult life. All the choices I have made in boyfriends have led me to where I am today. I had a problem with recycling lovers. Instead of going out and finding someone new I would always end up going back to people. Not the wisest choice. They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. So, I decided I needed to meet new eligible single men. Most of the men in the scene I hang out are heavy drinkers and/or drug users. I didn't want to go through all of that again. None of my friends could set me up with anyone. I couldn't meet anyone through work. The one and only time I dated someone from work, it turned out to be a complete disaster. So one of my friends had found her current boyfriend on match.com and I decided to give it a try. This year is all about trying new things and reinventing myself. So, I joined Match.com. At least I could screen men, see what they were all about, see how compatible we are, email them and go from there. My first conversation with "the potential teacher" went horrible. He kept comparing me to his ex wife. He had A LOT of baggage from her and he was so jaded. I know things happen and people get hurt. I've been deeply hurt myself. I do not project that on to others though. Needless to say, I never met him and it left me with a bad taste in my mouth from Match.com. Well, then a "chemist" was interested in me. We exchanged numbers, but I was apprehensive. He kept calling me and I wouldn't answer the phone. Well last night, he called and I finally got up enough nerve to answer the phone. We had the most incredible conversation. It was so easy and comfortable. I felt like I had known him for years. We talked for an hour and made plans to meet next week. It amazes me how much we have in common. I got off the phone and felt like a teenage girl with her first crush. I hope he is as great in person as he is on the phone. I have a good feeling he will be. He even sent me a really sweet text today. I'm finally optimistic about finding someone. Even if he isn't the "one" at least this gives me hope.

1 comment:

  1. two thing i have resolved to do this week: catch up on the 5 episodes of Lost that I haven't seen (I've watched two already, three to go!) and devote a couple of hours to my blog/writing. part of that includes sifting through the entries in your blog. i read your opening week when i read your day 35 report, and was highly entertained. why i hadn't stopped to read the rest i don't know. well now i am. seeing is how day 35 you're talking about POF.com, that doesn't bode well for the chemist. i'll be interested to find out what happens.

    ReplyDelete