Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 21..Should have listened to my body

Monday March 15, 2010 Sick as a dog and disgusted


The thing that is the most important to remember when having a chronic auto immune disease is that your body does not work like everyone else’s. You are tired a lot, take a lot of medicines, have to really eat well, sleep enough and avoid things that can make your immune system wear down. I forget to listen to my body when it becomes overwhelmed. Unfortunately, this causes me to get sick and my body just shuts down completely. If I am lucky it is only a day with some rest and maybe some antibiotics and I’m back on my feet. I have a feeling this is not the case. I woke up coughing due to the smoke from Friday. I know that was what did it. People with chronic acute bronchitis do not need to be in smoky places with no ventilation. Just another great mistake to add to the others of Friday night! I woke up with definite bronchitis accompanied by a fever a day off of work. I hate missing work with a new assignment under my belt. I know my boss is going to be pissed and I’m using PTO I need to save for the whole year. This is only March. I have to go see my grandmother. Please let me feel better tomorrow! I cannot miss another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment