Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 29...Limbo

Today, is a good day! The medicine seems to be working. I don't feel 100%. I don't yet feel 50%. I'm still concerned with work and the FMLA issue. I'm still concerned about my vacation days. I finally realized there are some things in life, no matter how hard we try that we cannot control. Instead of focusing on the things we cannot control, I need to focus on the things I can. I always get so worked up over things that I simply cannot do anything about. Like this health situation for instance. All I can do is take the best care of myself and do what the doctor's say. Hope for the best without dreading the worst. It's all a matter of positive thinking. I cannot change I'm missing work. What I can change is my attitude and commit to stop stressing about it. I'm going to focus on the things I can change. No more stress, no more negativity. What happens happens. I need to just roll with the punches. I need to focus on the big picture which is changing my life. Sometimes things have to get a lot worse before it gets a lot better.

Today is a beautiful day! The sun is shining. The birds are chirping. I'm finally caught up on posting all my blogs from my journal! That in itself is an amazing accomplishment considering my landlords lack of fixing the things that are wrong with my apartment. My internet is about as reliable as my last boyfriend! How are you suppose to maintain a blog without internet. I've lived at my apartment for 3 years next month. I think it is time for a change. I love my apartment, it's spacious,it's on the 2nd floor with a beautiful screened in porch off the living area complete with a ceiling fan. I love the Garden Hills Neighborhood. It is my favorite neighborhood in Atlanta. I'm just a hop skip and a jump away from Barnes and Noble which is my favorite place, starbucks, sushi, grocery stores, my eyedoctor, the pharmacy,smoothie king. What more does a girl need. I live by beautiful old homes surrounded by the laughter of kids. I just would not want to live anywhere else. Unfortunately though, my building is old. 1930's old. Not only do I not have a dishwasher, I have horrible ventilation system. I never had these respiratory problems, bronchitis, asthma, etc prior to living in this apartment. The landlord never changes the vents and never returns calls about it. It's been going on for 3 years. My doctor thinks its the apartment due to dust, the heating and air conditioning system or possibly mold that is making me sick. I'm getting no anwers from the landlord. I hate to rock the boat because I love the area of town I live in, the convenience, my neighbors and the fact that they haven't raised the rent or had me sign a lease in years. But my health is on the line. So I'm going to look for an apartment! See what's out there. Maybe I need to move to feel better..maybe a change will do me good!

No comments:

Post a Comment