Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 24 Thursday March 18. 2010 2 shots in the ass and words to live by:

4 days out sick=4 days of PTO not used on vacation!!

The first thing I think of when I wake up and call out is count the vacation days I'm using due to this situation. I haven't been able to go on a vacation or visit my family in years due to medical complications. It's so frustrating. I really let it get to me last night. Today, I got up ready to fight. I went to the hospital and got not one but two steroid shots. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow and will be back at work tomorrow. In the meantime I have been reviewing my blog and this illness has seemed to get me off of course. Just because the same situations health wise are happening to me does not determine that this year I will not be able to accomplish my goals. This blog is not about me feeling sorry for myself or inviting the world to an internet pitty party. This blog is about reinventing myself. Sure I have had a setback this week, but all things good or bad do not last forever. This will pass. So, here are my new rules I need to live by;

Always make myself and my health my number one priority

I can do this by just following these rules:

Get 8 hours of sleep a day

No smoking and avoid smoky places no matter what

No alcoholic beverages

Excercise daily

Eat healthy

Keep doctor's appointments and follow their advice

Take medication as needed on time.

Meditate

Take time to breathe

Reduce stress

Go to work


 

A long list, and a simple list. Sometimes though, I must remind myself of the simplest things. Don't we all though!

No comments:

Post a Comment