Saturday, February 27, 2010

They will not control us..we will be victorious

What a truely awesome day. I had the best best day. I saw my favorite band Muse for free. One thing I have learned by going through trials and tribulations lately is that you have to surround yourself with things that make your 5 senses happy. In general you should always have things in your home, car or workspace that will stimulate your five senses and make you happy. For example:
Sight-Watch a favorite TV show or movie. Maybe go to your favorite park or the beach.
Touch-Cuddle up in your favorite Pj's. Sport your favorite outfit that feels good on your skin.
Smell- Candles, flowers, maybe baked goods. Whatever your favorite smell is.
Taste-Keep some of your favorite foods in the house or go to your favorite restaurant, coffee house etc.
Sound**Very important** Make sure you surround yourself with music you love.
So when I am having a bad day, I listen to Muse. It makes me feel empowered! They are awesome. I love going to see live bands in concert be it a local artist or a national act. Muse tickets went on sale a few months ago.I wanted to buy tickets when they went on sale, but they sold out immediately. So, what is a girl to do. Look on Ebay of course. I found tickets but they were going for $1000.00 a ticket. I cannot afford to spend $1000.00 on a ticket. I cannot afford to spend $1000.00 on anything come to think about it. I gave up hope. I remember going to see them in little theaters when no one really knew who they were. I loved them back then. Now they are playing huge stadiums and ampitheaters. So I figured there was no hope. My job does have a box that they have at Gwinett Arena. I asked my boss if I could get tickets back when we had a better relationship. He said that I was on a list. There were people infront of me. I figured with my luck lately I wouldn't get them. Well, Friday he gave me the tickets. Finally something went right for me. Sometimes, all you need is one thing be it big or small to go right for you and means the difference.
So one of my best guy friends that I've known forever and I went. He is my favorite person to see movies or go to a concert with. He is such a hard core movie and music buff and he knows so much. I really enjoy spending time with him. So we went and Muse put on the most incredible show that I have ever seen. People, I have seen A LOT of shows and they blew my mind. I think back at where I was this time last Saturday...crying, drunk and just devastated. What progress I have made in the last week. I hope this is the start of good luck and good things coming my way.

We will be victorious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment