Friday, February 26, 2010

Cheese Dip with a side of laughter

What an improvement one day can make. Sometimes you need just a great comfort food meal and for me it's Lafonda and a some laughter. I forgot in the last week what it was like to really laugh. One thing I have been forgetting about is that I have really good friends. Some people have no one. I have a whole army of people that love me. I just have to weed out the good people and the bad.

One thing I have to do is eliminate all the toxic people in my life. Toxic people just drain me of time, energy and they take away my self worth. If after spending time with someone, no matter if it is a lover, family member, friend or co worker and you walk away feeling like part of you has been chipped off then you don't need them in your life. I need to be more selective with my heart, but that doesn't mean I have to hide from the world. I laughed tonight like I haven't in soooo long! The wound is closing and I can live again. So what if my job is making me unhappy, and things aren't the way I want. As long as I have people to surround me with love when things get rough, I will be okay no matter what. Now it's time to rebuild!

No comments:

Post a Comment