Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 2 Dusting Myself Off...

Day 2- Dusting Myself Off


Eventually you have to get off of the couch and face things head on. I've been in the house for 3 days crying, screaming, venting to my friends. Second guessing my choices and myself. After 3 days I just got sick of feeling sorry for myself. Really, I was quite pathetic! If I was a character on a tv show I would have switched the channel. So what if things weren't they way I wanted. It doesn't mean I can hide out and feel sorry for myself forever. 3 days is enough!!


The first thing I needed to do is get my ass up and go to work. I already missed 2 vacation days over a man that was just not worth it. Why loose more. I woke up, still looking not so hot but at least determined to go to work with a fight and win attitude. Sure, there were bumps in the road. Part of the reason why I dislike my job is because I work in cubicle land. In cubicle land you have a bunch of people who work 40+ hours together and have nothing better to do than talk bad about each other behind each other's back. In all my years of working which is now 15, I have never worked with such a bunch of 2 faced people . It really makes me not want to be there. I am one of the people they like to gossip about most. They smile in my face and stab me in the back. So of course I got those looks. Even the sales people I support across the country stab me in the back. I was told today I was being moved to another assignment per their request. It's not because I don't do a great job. My numbers are some of the top numbers in the company. I have also been there longer than everyone in department but one person. My quality scores and performance reviews are excellent as well. They just want someone who doesn't miss any work. I missed work. How petty. Everyone misses work from time to time. Really! And as I was being told I was moving assignments these very same people called me and told me how much they liked my work and were asking for favors. This is what's wrong with corporate america! The lack of honesty and integrity.


So I am going to take this with a grain a salt and a smile. I started this blog by saying I am changing my life. Here is the first change. I might not have done it myself, but it happened and I look forward to what comes of me having a new assignment! Maybe with this new assignment will come better things and bigger opportunities!

No comments:

Post a Comment